Friday 18 January 2013

Revlon® Colorstay Whipped™ Crème Makeup Foundation

A few months ago a trip to Pennywise Cosmetics in Port of Spain to purchase nothing beauty related, I stumbled across this foundation at the Beauty Counter, don't ask me why I went to that counter, but I just did (makeup junkie).  But am I soo happy that I did, because I found my face's new BFF and it's the REVLON® Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Foundation.



Now if you have been following me, I have been a lover of Maybelline FIT me! Foundation in 355 with SPF 18, but boy oh boy, since I purchased Revlon Colorstay Whipped, I cannot get over this foundation.


I must say when I first saw the contents I was skeptical of purchasing, I also was never a fan of foundation in a jar, I prefer a bottle with a pump, but when the attendant gave me a demonstration, I immediately took it.  My shade is 405 Caramel 1, it's my PERFECT SHADE!!!!! I was in Foundation Heaven.  The formula is thick and as I have described it in a couple of my vids, it's like butter.  It goes on like a second skin, and very little is needed and it will work on the entire face.  I don't use a brush or sponge to blend it in, I use my fingers (which I am not too keen on) but trust me, it blends perfectly with your fingers.  It has a matte finish and don't make your face look cakey.  It takes a couple of minutes to set, so when applied, let it air dry for about 5 minutes.before setting it with powder.  I wear mine for a maximum of approximately 12 hours, inclusive of working out at the gym and my face still looks great. 


Top - without Foundation
Bottom - With Foundation



To this day, it's my go-to foundation and I will be re-purchasing this!!!

MY PERSONAL PROS:

- my PERFECT shade
- It's like a second skin (looks almost naked)
- Used for minimum to maximum coverage
- Lasts really long (I have worn it for 12 hours inclusive of going to the gym and working out)
- Blends easily
- Don't transfer to objects (cell phone, clothes, fingers)


MY PERSONAL CONS:

- I have to use my fingers (blecch), sponges soak up most of the product
- Not travel-friendly
- Packaging is bulky and heavy (glass)
- Costly (but it's worth it) $69.95 TTD
- no SPF

I recommend that you guys purchase this at least once, you won't regret it, especially if you find your PERFECT shade, something we all search for, for years without success.  I rate this product 

4/5

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to LIKE my FB page - Makeup A Girl's BFF and SUBSCRIBE to my channel - SUPERMAKEUPADDICTED

You can also follow me on Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/trinibeautee 
and on Instagram - trinibeautee

Stay posted for more blogging!!!

Disclaimer: All items are paid for with my money and I give my honest opinion/reviews on the products.


No comments:

Post a Comment