Tuesday 28 May 2013

Review: ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set

I have always wondered "How can I keep my makeup flawless for an entire day of 8-9 hours", then I came across e.l.f.'s Studio Makeup Mist & Set spray. Now the idea of spraying something wet on your face to hold makeup, I was very confused about.  I was thinking "Oh no, firstly my makeup is on properly, spraying something wet on my face won't it make my makeup run off?"  I decided to visit YouTube and see some reviews and tutorials on how to use it and how it actually works. I got a host of mixed reactions towards it, which made me, of course, go out and get me one.

THE PACKAGING




We all are aware of how all e.l.f.'s Studio Line Products come - in a black finish boxing or encasing. The liquid comes in a black translucent, recyclable bottle.  The e.l.f Logo and the name of the product is written in white on the bottle.  There is also a short breakdown of the products used in the spritz - Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The spritzer...well let me just say it isn't right for what the product is supposed to do, I will elaborate further in the description of the product. But e.l.f should look at redesigning that part of it.  The spritzer has a see through cover on it.

THE PRODUCT

As printed on the bottle, it contains Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E, which is a plus.  Now my peeve is actually with the spritzer which is more suited for a body spray.  This does not MIST, but it actually SQUIRTS the product on you.  A mist is supposed to come out fine and delicate so that when you spray it, it goes all over the face. My first spritz of the product caught me by surprise the amount of liquid squirted out on my face, making it actually go to only one part more than the other. But the product feels like water.  No scent really, which is a plus for me personally.

THE APPLICATION

Just spray the product all over your face.

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE

Honestly I don't like this product.  It does absolutely nothing for me positively, except make my face feel cool on an extremely hot day.  I have tried several application methods and I get the same results - NOTHING!!  I have tried spraying it straight on, I tried slight spritzes, I tried a sponge and no difference.  I see the droplets that have landed on my face, making my makeup look less than professional. I think e.l.f. definitely needs to go back to the drawing board and redesign the spritz and maybe that will make a HUGE difference.  I actually got some good from it though, I use it to foil my pigments and eyeshadows, which is working out a lot more for me.  Unless e.l.f. repackage this product, I don't think I will repurchase or recommend, but you can see how it works out for you as I have seen tons of great reviews on it, however it just wasn't working out for me.  I give this product

1/5

Thanks for stopping by and stay posted for more blogging!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment