Saturday 9 March 2013

Review: e.l.f. Studio Complete Coverage Concealer in Dark

Ok so truth be told, I am not a "Concealer Girl" however I use it to give my eyebrows some edge.  I have never used a cream concealer and so I decided to try e.l.f.'s Studio Concealer.  e.l.f. states that these concealers are highly pigmented and professionally formulated and offer ultimate coverage to disguise a range of boo-boos and flaws including blemishes, dark circles, redness and uneven skin-tone for a flawless, makeup artist finish.
For someone who doesn't regularly use concealer, that statement would make you still want to try it out and as we all know, e.l.f. Cosmetics is one of the most affordable make up products on the market.  So of course I was convinced to try this.

THE PACKAGING


I don't even need to dwell on the packaging subject for too long when it comes to  e.l.f.'s Studio Line. Their Studio Line of products always looks sleek and strong in their black casing.  It came in a black box of course and when you open the casing there is a mirror the length of the package and you get a (useless) brush.


THE PRODUCT


I purchased the Dark shade and you get 4 different dark shades within this palette.  The product is very creamy and goes to powder form after it has been set.  I'm thinking I should have purchased the Medium shade as I know the 2 darkest shades within the package I will never use as it's too dark for my complexion. There are 2 other shades - Light and Medium.  I should have chosen Medium, I guess I underestimated my complexion.

APPLYING

Unblended (no flash)

Unblended (with flash)


I use this to sharpen my brows which it definitely does.  I use the lighter shade for under the brow and the medium dark shade for above the brow.  Lately because of lack of sleep, I started to see darkness appear under my eyes and I decided to try it there as well and WOW did it work!!! The lightest shade in the palette somewhat brightened under my eyes, but I'm sure if I purchased the Medium palette it would have been perfecto!! After I apply it with a concealer brush or my fingers it turns out very matte, which is a plus for persons with oily skin, so it's your choice to set it with a powder or not.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE

Useless Brush

I would say this was a great buy!!! My only issue I had with it is actually the silly, useless brush they gave in the palette, but I shouldn't really complain about that as ALL brushes that comes with makeup palettes are usually useless.  From what I notice it doesn't last longer than 7-8 hours but I don't see that being posed as a huge problem. It's cheap, so you don't have to worry about dipping too much into your purses to purchase.

I give this product

4/5


Thanks for stopping by and stay posted for more blogging!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment